The Upside to Buying From Larger Wheelchair Manufacturers
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wheelchair Guide and other Wheelchairs topics.
What advantages do I have if I buy a wheelchair from a bigger manufacturer?
Choosing a wheelchair, like any other specialized piece of equipment, will require some in depth researching on your part. Before you purchase a wheelchair from any dealer, make sure you investigate the wheelchair manufacturers before you buy. Take a look at our guide to discerning between the larger wheelchair manufacturers.
- The larger wheelchair and accessory manufacturers include Invacare, Everest & Jennings, Quickie, and Permobil.
- When you're dealing with a large company with considerable financial resources, it often means they have more money to spend on prototypes, research, and development than their smaller counterparts.
- Larger companies have the budget to spend more on design. If the aesthetics of the chair are important to you, then this would be a consideration.
- The larger companies have built up a reputation. Most products will be well made and you'll know you're dealing with a company that will likely be in business for years to come.
- You'll find product lines will be fairly comprehensive with a multitude of models and accessories to choose from.
- You dealer will have more experience repairing a wheelchair from a major manufacturer.