Wheelchair Rentals For Travel And Vacation
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wheelchair Guide and other Wheelchairs topics.
What should I know about booking a wheelchair rental if I’m traveling?
Wheelchair rentals are convenient for instances of travel or cases where you need a wheelchair on a temporary basis. Although renting a wheelchair is a temporary situation, you will need to make some considerations. Take a look at our tidbits for when you need wheelchair rentals.
- When you're traveling to a major amusement park, keep in mind that wheelchair rentals are available for your use. Some parks also offer electric convenience vehicles if powered mobility is a consideration.
- Rental company policies vary, but you can expect to pay a lower fee rate per day when you rent long term.
- Some companies which supply wheelchair rentals will drop off and pick up the equipment to your specific destination, whether it be your home, the hotel, or a cruise port.
- You can take a scooter or wheelchair rental with you on a cruise ship if you want this option.
- If you're planning travel down the line, you can book in advance. Some wheelchair rental companies allow you to book a year ahead of time.
- Verify how you'll get charged and what the terms are. Some wheelchair rental companies charge rates based on a 24 hour period and will not charge your credit card until the day before you pick up the wheelchair, while other companies might charge your credit card up to a month in advance.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.