Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wheelchair Guide and other Wheelchairs topics.
The last thing you need to worry about on your vacation abroad is wheelchair accessibility or wheelchair rentals if you're a part-time wheel chair user. You should be more concerned with:
• State Department advisories
• Brushing up on your Russian
• Packing suntan lotion
• Choosing a bikini
• Learning how to pick up cute locals in several languages
Luckily, you don't have to be concerned with wheel chairs on your trip. Or with the language barrier--tour guides on accessible tours are fluent in several tongues. But what are your travel options? Wheelchairs are welcome and wheelchair rentals are there for the asking in:
• South America
• Middle East (isn't this supposed to be a relaxing trip?)
• South African safaris (who's faster in your power chair, you or the gazelle?)
• Asia (don't forget to remove your shoes in Japan and don't touch someone's head in Thailand)
Many of these trips are available through groups that cater to people in wheelchairs if you're not ready to travel on your own and need extra assistance.
Whether you're traveling solo or with a group, remember as your guide or the locals give you a hand that the most important things to remember, in any language and any country, are "Please" and "Thank You."